Tuesday 27 March 2012

Reading Life


Lately I have been reading a lot. I loved reading as a child and basically stopped reading for fun when I went to university. Since finishing school I have rediscovered my love of reading and even splurged on an ereader. I love my ereader because it's so convenient. I can throw it in my purse and it doesn't weigh me down. I also like that it can be held in one hand. I now read to and from work, sometimes during my lunch and before I go to bed. Although I'm a fan of ereaders there's still something special about cracking open a book. For this reason I will always have books on my bookshelf and invest in books that I absolutely adore and plan on reading more than once. 

What's your take on ereaders?

What are you reading right now and any recommendations?

I'm reading The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

6 comments:

D said...

ereaders' the future but i'm old-fashioned when it comes to reading.

I love the feeling of turning a page; I love the smell of paper. :)

http://doudouandheels.blogspot.fr/

Oh Sunnie Day said...

ereaders are great for travel but when I'm sitting in bed and the weight of the book doesn't matter, I like a real book. I'm currently reading Ponzi's Scheme. Very interesting how his life turned out.

xx

Jen

Maria @ Orchard Bloom said...

I'll never get an e-reader. I'm old fashioned that way. Just can't imagine never having to turn a page.

Kristin said...

I think they're each good in their own way. You can not beat an e-reader for travel, but I still love books.

I just finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and have moved onto The Hound in the Left Hand Corner, which takes place at a satirized version of the British Museum.

I love talking about books! Let's do it more.

Bola said...

It's so great to hear everyon's opinion on ereaders vs. books. I agree that they are great for travel (even a commute to work) but can't beat actual books for the reasons you all listed. I guess the plus is that it's a great alternative that we have available to us :)

I will check out the books you all mentioned and definitely we will have more reading/book discussions :)

Ali Hval said...

I need to become a reading kind of person, because I feel like I could totally be a reader. I, too, used to read a ton when I was younger!